- Hearing and eye protection is required to be worn at all times by everyone.
- Cold Range- Firearms will be cleared and holstered between stages. Competitors will only handle firearms under the direction of a safety officer.
- Safe Tables are not available, only handle firearms under the direction of a safety officer.
- Muzzle safe points are the limits of the backstop and vary range to range.
- Additional safety rules will be governed by the specific range/bay requirements, each stage will have a walk through brief addressing any safety concerns and the course of fire.
- IDPA Range commands will be used.
- Concealment is not required, however it is encouraged.
- Reloads – Shall only be conducted on classification stages. All magazines shall be loaded to a max of 10 rounds unless directed higher or lower by the stage brief.
- Match Director will verify all disqualifications, will lead arbitration team and makes final rulings on all challenges.
TARGETS & SCORING
- Reactive steel must fall or swing out of competitor’s view, remaining steel is a miss.
- IDPA cardboard targets will be used. Each point down = 1 second added to the raw time.
- Hits on Non-Threats = 5 seconds per hit added to the raw time.
- Miss = 5 seconds added to the raw time.
- Any IDPA or USPSA production legal firearm may be used.
- Calibers allowed: 9mm, .40S&W, 357SIG, .45ACP. (limited to available frangible ammunitions) Ammunition, No minimum power factor requirements, no steel or solid copper core. Frangible ammunition will be issued for use on the Academy indoor pistol range.
- Iron, laser and carry optic sights may be used.
- Holsters, IDPA or USPSA production legal with the following exceptions that are strictly prohibited: Shoulder/chest, Cross-Draw, Appendix, Small of the Back, Inside the Waistband, Fanny-Pack, Soft sided holders and holsters that do not fully cover the trigger guard. MD has final approval.
- Mags/Mag Holder, any type, minimum of three magazines are required for the event.
- This is a lost brass match.
- Alcohol and drugs are prohibited on the property. This includes prescribed narcotics (i.e. Percocet, Vicodin type drugs,) and marijuana regardless of its legality in the state.